Fort Hills Opp Bridge is an overpass designed for heavy haulers to cross over Fort Hills main road, Owl Avenue, to bring bitumen to the Opp crushers for processing. The scope of work in constructing the overpass consisted of approximately 6000m3 of concrete, along with approx. 185,000m3 of fill material.
Apex Responsibilities Included
- Establishment and maintaining of horizontal and vertical control.
- Maintaining high precision accuracy for all concrete and anchor bolt layout.
- Layout and plum 12, 51m high, high voltage power poles, and maintain design clearance on all suspended high voltage cables.
- Layout of grade stakes for all excavation and back fill.
- Building machine control files.
- Pile layout, as-built's, cut-offs and plate orientations.
- Layout and as-builts on all underground utilities.
- Construction Surveying
- 3D Scanning